Do you have experience with mechanical technology and do you like to help clients with there problems?
Then we’re are looking for you!
The Field Service Engineer operates directly in the designated field territory and services/maintains company equipment while forging good business relationships with our customers. Is responsible for the direct management of all aspects of total customer service and works independently to troubleshoot and repair a variety of high speed cash-handling equipment, tracking and management of parts/tools and staying abreast of changes in technical and functional elements of equipment.
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance, repair and upgrade of equipment in the field and provides customer/internal training as required
- Investigates technical issues/warranty failures/ in field failures and can resolve issues by the most efficient and economical manner keeping Product Specialists and Service Management informed of ongoing actions/solutions.
- Liaises with local Service Centre/partners to receive/discuss work/schedule workload in the most efficient manner taking into consideration site location, priority and cost implications
- Plans and prioritises workload to achieve business aims and meet customer needs
- Effectively diagnoses system problems and provides solutions for repair while keeping customer apprised of progress especially during maintenance/downtime of a machine
- Documents system problems and preventative maintenance in customer site log
- Gathers and records machine information to monitor performance
- Completes machine installations, Engineering Change Notices (ECN) that affect system upgrades and hardware/software upgrades that may require technical assistance
- Makes recommendations for improving service, reliability and performance of equipment
- Escalates difficult technical problems by seeking timely advice or assistance from technical support
- Establishes preventative maintenance schedules and implements according to company specifications
- Assigned other job responsibilities within scope of position and to meet business demands
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
To perform in the function successfully, individuals must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Mechanically competent to a high standard
- Understands local Health and Safety regulations and works within company guidelines
- Effectively represents the Company whilst meeting the needs of the business partner; develops partner relationships through trust and performance
- Is flexible and can prioritise, plan and monitor own activity, performance and progress.
- Possesses first class customer service and communication skills; written and oral
- Logical trouble shooting skills and capability to isolate problems at PCB or component level
- Ability to effectively work with electric schematics, logic diagrams, and mechanical drawings
- Understanding of AC/DC power distribution and digital/analogue circuitry
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds/23 Kilos without assistance; can sit and/or stand for long periods of time, as well as being able to frequently kneel, bend, squat, sit and twist
- Must be able to work at all customer sites as needed (such sites may include financial/banking institutions, casinos, truck stops, recreational parks, retail stores etc).
- Ability to work weekends and/or National Holidays on a rotational basis to accommodate business needs
- Must be available for on call (on some weekends and 24/7 if necessary)
- Occasional travel outside an assigned territory may be necessary for the proper performance of the role and to meet business needs
- Must be able to work autonomously and with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of personal computers especially Microsoft Office, navigation across network sites and email communication
- Holder of a Drivers Licence
Interested? Call us 033-2464648 or send your resume to email@example.com.